Henley Constituency Labour Party
About the Party
Henley constituency is a parliamentary seat in South East Oxfordshire stretching from Eye and Dunsden in the South to Kirtlington in the North. It coincides with a large part of South Oxfordshire District Council and a small part of Cherwell District Council.
It is essentially a rural seat, embracing a number of small towns and large villages such as Benson, Berinsfield, Chalgrove, Chinnor, Goring, Henley, Sonning Common, Thame, Watlington, Wheatley and Woodcote.
For more information about the seat please visit one of the following sites:
The UK Polling Report gives some useful previous election results and some demographic information. It also give opinions on the political status of the constituency and a two word assessment of current MP. Click here to visit.
For a fascinating history of elections in the constituency visit the Wikipedia parliamentary constituency site for Henley. The Liberal Party peaked in 1906, winning the seat for the only time in the twentieth century. The Labour Party candidate came second for eight consecutive elections from 1945 to 1970 and again in 2015 and 2017. Click here to see all of the results.
Henley Constituency Labour Party (CLP)
Henley Constituency Labour Party is the organisation representing the Labour Party. Its duties are to:
- Provide a point of contact for Labour Party members and supporters who live in the constituency.
- To organise the forming of Labour Party Branches within the constituency.
- Select a prospective parliamentary candidate for by-elections and general elections.
- Select candidates for local government elections.
- Organise campaigns to support its candidates.
- Select members to attend Annual Conference and other Party events.
- Liaise with other constituency labour parties to provide support when needed.
- Elect a committee to manage the above.
Currently the CLP has almost 900 members spread all over the constituency and of a varied age range. There is an active branches in Benson, Henley-on-Thames, Thame and Wheatley and regular meetings are held for all constituency members in Benson Parish Hall.
If you need more information about the CLP please go to our contact page.
If you want to joint the Labour Party please visit our national site.